Reason for job change-Smart answer



It’s always important to be honest in a job interview, but this question will make you think stretch the truth. 

“Why do you want to change your current job?”

These tips helps you to develop an answer to this question that will make them surely want to hire you. I will give you tips in 3 parts. Here are some possible answers adjust it for your situation.

Part 1- Say something nice about your current job.
  • It’s been a great experience, but…
  • I’ve learned a great deal in my current job, but…
  • I’ve enjoyed working with a great group of people, but…
Part 2-Say something nice about this opportunity.
  • This opportunity is very interesting to me, and fits very well with the direction I want to take my career.
  • Growth is limited in my current employer’s organization because it is relatively small, so I need to look elsewhere, outside of the current organizaiton, and this opportunity looks very interesting to me because…
  • I’m interested in working at [name of employer] based on the great things I have learned about this organization.
  • This opportunity is a logical next step for me in my career.
  • I want to build my experience in [“this” or “a new”] industry.
  • My spouse received a wonderful offer for a new job [“here,” or in the city or region], so we decided to move, and this move gave me an opportunity to find a great new job, too – like this one.

Part 3-Add a closing statement
  • “This is a [or “an exciting”] new direction for me that builds on my background and experience in…”
  • “I’ve always been interested in [whatever] that you do so well here, and…”

If you referenced your career direction, say something about your longer term career plans.
  • [This employer] is known as a great place to work.
  • [This employer] is a [or “the”] leader in this industry, so working here would mean that I would be at the top of my field. [Use only if you believe it is true, or this statement could be considered as sarcasm.]
Share your views in the below comment section.

Popular posts from this blog

How to control One Lamp from three/six different places and working principle of intermediate switch?

Three phase electrical wiring system for home & multi-floor building

Automatic and manual UPS system wiring for home or office with circuit diagram